Monday, March 01, 2010

FW: blog

To what do we owe our world, our life our success.. our hopes..

I returned from Washington Dc ..first I want to thank Mercedes Marquez asst secretary  forCommunity Development, HUD, Derek Douglas, Whtie House Domestic Policy Council, UrbanPoolicy Advisor

Sonal Shah, Director of the Whtie House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Partcipation, and John Kelly, Strateic Advisor, Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships..for their panel with Habitat for Humanity at the White House. Also our NY friend, Adolfo Carrion, former Bronx Burrough president, Director White House Office of Urban Affairs.

 

As a partnership, we help to change neighborhoods together..in Neighborhood Revitalizaiton all over the country and the world.

 

As I reflect on my time in Washington, from my first trip there as a young child, when thousands of families like mine, driven by moms and dads like mine God rest their souls, to DC to see the Kennedy White House…and to have a sense of pride and History.

 

From there, realizing that Washington is only as good as we are the citizens, the habitats, the community organizations helping…it is a true partnership when it works…..like I realize I am only as good as my construction managers, families, volunteers.board.donors, and all..

 

James Killoran

Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

Office:914-636-8335 ext 101

Fax: 914-636-8592

Email: Jim@habitatwc.org

 

No comments: