Monday, June 13, 2011

FW: blog

Last nite as I walked down in Loisaida..the Lower East Side, reminded me of the many days and nites, I spent there helping the homeless..helping Habitat on e. 6th Street..the community garden I Helped create with volunteers, the homeless and Williams alum on tenth street..and the dramatic change..like yuppie ville now, bars, trendy restaurants..abound…I stop at Adelles restaurant…de Puerto Rico..i have my sopa de pollo, aroz con abeacualas…(rice and beans) and pray over what I saw and what we now see…life can transform..neigborhoods can change..i walk by 721 and 745 E 6th, say a prayer for Wanda colon and her family.. a habitat family, for Joe byrne and Ishamel and Greg, former homeless there, at my other work..and praise God for bringing me on a journey that led to Habitat’s door to create so many doors…for so many..Today I walk in the Puerto Rican day parade with Governor Cuomo, with Rich thomas, Marc Soto, Sobeida Cruz and many amigos y amigas..I went to Puerto Rico…many times, I have two sons whose mom is NY Rican as they say, a great woman…a great family..and habitat has built there, I went there to Martin Pena Canal, where families who once lived in rubble, help live in Habitat homes and others, transformed, from tough settings to beautiful dwellings….mi isla mi encanto..Puerto Rico, NY Manhattan, todo el mundo…Bendiciones, gracias a Dios para la Vida cada minute!!!!!

 

Jim Killoran

Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

524 Main Street

New Rochelle, NY

Jim@habitatwc.org

Office: 914-636-8335x101

 

Happy Easter and Happy Pascua! 

 

 

No comments: