Monday, July 23, 2012

FW: blog

A walk to the world trade center of prayer and reflection..

Leads me to be grateful for our work and in hopes our 911 buildathon will be a strong one for our vets homes we are working on..

Today I announced it on wvox and also in an interview on Kluv..this is a blessing for us.

I remember meeting at Cantor Fitzgerald with human resources people there, prior to the date..

Wanting to volunteer with us…I remember the dust on the cars the next day…from the buildings ..

I remember habitat volunteers helping me on the sat after 911, our first 911 volunteer day…if you will,  to help clean the armory, then to load it up all nite long..where supplies were brought to

Ground zero..

I remember so many we have helped..

And now we remember again to help build..to help raise homes…out of the ashes of abandonment, like the towers, to house vets …

thanks to Silverstein properties and all the team.

Thanks to the prayers and support  you give.

Thank you God for us being able to rise …each day, to help in Habitat..

 

 

Jim Killoran, Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

524 Main Street, New Rochelle NY 10801

(914) 403-4821

 

"Like Us" on Habitat for Humanity of Westchester Facebook!

 

No comments: