Monday, July 07, 2014

FW: blog

It has been an interesting week and fourth…today I went to church in Spanish at St marys in one of our turnover neighborhoods, the Gateways Initiative.  This neighborhood has been totally changed by us..opening the chamber and habitat offices, helping to kick out drugs and prostitutes, creating some pride and green space.. a new urban garden…on mcquestin and mt Vernon Avenue and also creating a place for customers to come at the Restore.  Amazing…God is good to give me the gift to transform hoods, hoods to good I call it.  I am blessed too to have two sons who have sacrificed so much for all the work I do, Dan and Joe, I love you sons..thank you for who you are. 

Urban farming, stay tuned, I am creating a n organization of urban farmers. Green space is so healthy and important to pepples lives we work hard to bring them back with gardens and urban farms. Have to..amazing..so with that in mind I am creating TUF, stay tend for more…a conference is coming up.

Crosswalks, farms and grens healthier neighborhoods and homes. life is good in the hood…plus the Holy Spirit, the Ruah..in Hebre to help guide our every step.  May God bless you all today, NMU.. jjk

 

Jim Killoran, Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

524 Main Street, New Rochelle NY 10801

(914) 403-4821

 

Spring into action; the next 25 years!

 

"Like Us" on Habitat for Humanity of Westchester Facebook!

 

Habitat for Humanity Westchester NY - 25 Years

 

 

 

No comments: