Tuesday, September 22, 2015

FW: blog

Walking in NYC before the throngs come, I pray, I wrestle with a life good bad and ugly, asking God to guide our every step, my every step..and remember how good God has given me a life.  Like Gods tumbleweed I am blown one way and the other, stopping in places I can do good, with Gods guidance….the blessings of the Pope Francis house @pontifex house, has been an amazing Gods incidence instead of coincidence…where an anonymous donor called months ago, can you build a house, and we will help give a lead gift 60,000 to help build it, so you can challenge others for building and support?  Of course! I say, what an honor what a life, what a gift, what a way to remember a man who is cool..yup a cool cat, he rides a bike, he loves the poor, he walks the walk he loves Jesus, he believes..then out of the blue two months later we hear the Pope is coming to NewYork…amazing…

Often in the morning I call for all the saints to come in for coffee, and people like St Francis, Rabbi Heschel, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa..Millard Fuller…join me, pray for me, guide me, my steps, this Gods tumbleweed.

 

As I prayed and took photos on Instagram..(habitatwc) and tweeted..habitatwc…out..i remembered Habitat had roots in the steps of st Patricks..where Millard and Linda prayed after they were almost getting divorced,..for Gods guidance…they gave up their wealth, moved to Koinonia Farms then to begin Habitat for Humanity….Godincidence?

 

As I continued to walk, I dreamed the Pope might read this this morning, my simple blog..Hola hermano en Cristo..gracias a ti para ayudar los povres..

I felt sad because I thought he could not walk and see what I see often in NY, he could not ride the bike with me like I do often from Harlem to the statue of liberty and back up to metro north, seeing the waterways, the Empire State, the World Trade Center, the people on the streets, of all walks of the life, the lights at Bloomingdales, Rock Center, the locations I know where the homeless are, where I visit and help for more than 30 years now….

From Tomkins sq to Union Square to Park Avenue on steps of churches…

What a world..call me Papa  914 403 4821…if you need to sneak out for a walk to see the real NY as you are protected more than anyone… come visit the foreclosed home we will rehab anew like the rebuilding of the church you are doing from the inside out….well the Tumbleweed dreams. ……..a call….the phone rings……who knows.. God bless you Pope Francis, God bless anyone who speaks out for the poor no matter what faith or no faith…the Tumbleweeds journey continues..thank you Lord, for being able to walk, to feel for Syrians, to know the poor to be in the hood..and to rebuild a home in Honor of Pope Francis and the Lord, for and with the Valesquez family in Yonkers.

 

No comments: