Monday, June 16, 2008

FW: blog

 

what a day Fathers day...i await to see my kids who are with their mom now..my heroes...last nite we went to see the Hulk together an educational movie, right...but themes of good and evil..my son tells me they call him the hulk..if you saw how big he is , you can understand that...but both my sons are the hulk to me..ifyou will,my ultimate heroes..never believing i would have kids..i studied to be a priest, so that should give you some indication..my sons have sacrificed much as i have helped others to have homes..almost every Saturday of their young lives i was on a habitat site...sometimes with me, or waiting for me to come back from the rounds of the work we had to do....no finer children could i have, a mom of the teen who went to the prom with my son stated, they all said there is no finer...so thanks to both of my Hulks and to God in heaven..for sending them to me and their mother for having them..

 

my dad died at a young age, on my 16th birthday so this fathers day i remember the amazing things he did..when he died there were priests paupers politicians and prostitutes all lined up around the corner for hours to come and see him....a shock i never realize how my mom survived, but with her brothers help and family support and Gods help she did.

so my heart often goes out to Joel who i just called, a kid with no dad..or to Devante from New Orleans who has no dad and he and his mom were displaced to new york from katrina, or to sam the bam, who comes in on sat, and i feel like his dad, even though i know he has a great dad...

What Father in heaven do we emulate..do we celebrate our Fathers role, in being great dads, and encouraging our youth, how many homes are broken with no dads, or dads that left...i read a column in the paper this morning of a woman who left no credit to her dad, who left at two or stepdad, who left no extra positive memory...

how sad i thought, for two reasons, she did not thank her stepdad, and on fathers day to write such a columnn...well...

then i think of Millard fuller or Bob Barr, or Daniel Casey, surrogate fathers and roles for me in many ways...Millard and I speak many times, about being a dad, about helping those have a home, and have many laughs...Mr. Barr, a heroe, successful builder in the county...and nyc area, would call and say Killaraan...come with me we are going to get some coats for your homeless people you help..(when i helped the homeless),. a great role model, he always said think Big!!! and my own Dad, who bought me a bike, or a go cart, or a minibike all used but awesome, and would take me out of school for what was an unbelievable day, I have world series tickets he said...oh man..unbelievable...He was my MVP and still, is, he always signed his name Dear Ole Dad to the three of us..dieing at 51 he left many with a void of love, that lingers in minds and hearts to this day, thanks Dear Ole Dad...may you be in heaven today..

 

so heres the gig..after a tear runs on the computer for loving memories, how do we become better dads or moms..or become a mentor for our family members, positive role models so necessary for us...please sign up for this vital Mentor program...so needed for us right now, as we grow bigger, your volunteer hour a week and a call every couple of days or a week can change a life forever....You will be the best thing for someone in their life forever, no question if you get involved...call me at 914 403 4821...if you can.

 

so happy Fathers day to all ofyou and remember the most loving Father Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be His Name...your kingdom come for all of us and may we be Kingdom makers of love of community of Gods earth with our families, friends, our communities...HAPPY FATHERS DAY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY, HAPPY FRIENDS DAY HAPPY FAMILY DAY, WE LOVE YOU FROM HABITAT..JJK




Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

No comments: