Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fw: BLOG

I spoke to the Yorktown rotary last ntie, what a powerful group.. what a strong group..no question, people from the planning office, from the local clerks office, from businesses and more, raising money for wheelchairs, for supplies, for people in need, holes in ones, speakers, and more…smallyet powerful,, thank  you fellow Rotarians…so many great service groups exist, the heart of Main  Streets in these the times of buzz words of main streets versus wall streets. I was most proud to have my son Joseph with me, who for years has sacrificed his time with me, for having me speak to such groups..they all clapped for him, my hero, as he has turned out an amazing son, a Rotarian in spirit and life, gentle yet strong and gives…thanks Joseph…thanks Rotarians…for sure..as a result I commited to fund a wheelchair to them, a wheelchair to get someone in mexico where they will deliver more than one hundred..they also are commited to brush with k indness projects and getting more land for us in Yorktown…why is Yorktown so important..because for me it was my first vol. project for Habitat for Humanity of Westchester when I first moved here, where we built a home off of crompound road..where I went in witner and waterproofed the deck, where we build trusses, a fifteenth of an inch off, and where we helped people have homes…..Yorktown is historic in more ways than one…for sure…so stay tuned..the Judge family did their bikeathon from Yorktown to Yonkers with  me, sometimes quicker than you could drive…kdding..but the traffic increases versus homes…time to change the equation…the wheels are turning folks the Yorktown rotary wheels, the Habitat wheels, the wheels of yours and mine hearts to create amazing things during this time…God bless, jjk

No comments: