Monday, November 05, 2012

FW: blog

An early morning ride to Breezy Point…how many have taken it over the years with anticipation of fun, the beach, and a trip to Sugarfoots or Kennedys Restaurant..

But today the early ride greeted us with security check points..we are bringing relief..from Habitat.contractors bags and more. While in line..will and Jenna, the couple behind me say ..can we have contractors bags….sure I say…they take it with gratitude like I gave them a million bucks..no question..within ten minutes, I see them again, while speaking to my new hero..chief Jim Dalton..an amzing man who toured the whole Point with us, with tears and strength like no other man..wtih the winds of Sandy in his eyes everytime he thought of what happened and the determination to help bring back Breezy…better than before..with Habitat bringing hope too…

Can you help us..we gave you name..we want you to come to mass..everyone will be there….the Bishop, the Senator, the local leaders. Chief confirms.. you need to be there..

He brings us on a tour, he shows us his house, waterlogged, after showing us, lines of six feet of water, sand dunes cut through the middle like the parting of the Red Sea….(maybe Moses walked thru it for old times sake…)and he chased a looter, that we caught..who ended up taking copper out of a house…we stopped him.

Along with close habitat hero Bruce Keith, we saw devestation. I brought back a charred piece of wood, from one of the 80 plus homes that burned like marshmallows in a row…we toured where we ciould put staging areas..can I drop boxes here, I ask..where can I put up volunteers..heres where my mom lives ..he starts crying….Breezy Point..oh what memories…the Breezes seem distant now..and the Winds fresh in the Minds and the Devestation to be seen..but theres hope ..theres Habitat, theres you!!!!!!! Please help..make a donation…Bring Back Breezy with us!!!! BBB…pray, donate, volunteer..stay tuned. God love you!

No comments: