Thursday, May 08, 2014

FW: blog

The world we live in..is a great world…yesterday Roosevelt High School volunteers helped us on site..tomorrow more than 50 Goldman Sachs vets assist us…this Mothers day weekend..about 7 years ago, a mom writes,the house I was living win with my 3 sons was part of a mortgage scam..sold from the owners leaving them along with their tenants homeless…Because I was on a fixed income, and did not have the best credit, I was forced to splt up my family and move in with a friend…sleeping in her living room, the boys to live with their father. This wast he most difficult thing I had to do. The I applied for Habitat housing, and after a year of waiting and losing hope, I receive a call from Mary Bonner. I still recall the surreal feeling when she told me I was to going to be a new home owner. Your generosity here today will give someone else this feeling.  Since Partnering with Habitat I was inspired to return to school and recently received my Masters in Soicial work. My boys are doing great, one of them now serving with the US Navy, my youngest just started college, this is what habitat does for families.   I want to thank everyone who made my dream a reality, all the volunteers who donate their time, for you who donate your money and services, and for all the hard working staff at habitat…..Hapy Mothers day, wont you donate to us today for another mom and family….

 

Jim Killoran, Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

524 Main Street, New Rochelle NY 10801

(914) 403-4821

 

Spring into action; the next 25 years!

 

"Like Us" on Habitat for Humanity of Westchester Facebook!

 

 

No comments: