Wednesday, February 04, 2009

FW: blog

As I write from Atlanta late at nite.. having traveled on this pilgrimage to give Glory to God for the person of Milalrd Fuller, and my eyes tear up..still not believing my hero has died..He would say, Jim Killoran..you know you always called me a good egg..Jesus would want us all to go on stronger than ever!!!!! Helping to build more homes..to help Sheila to have a home, to help Mutambe to live safely, to eradicate poverty in your lifetime!!!!! Now get going!
So many memories. so many people i have seen with him..I have heard him preachin S. Central Los Angeles in Wesangeles church. I have heard him preach at Harlem Churches, and Bedford Churches, and in Portsmouth New Hampshire. I was honored to be with him when he and Linda, his stalworth wife..inspiring wife...were honored with sidelwalk in Washingion DC for founding Habitat, with former President Bush. I have heard him with former President Carter last Dec 27th in S west Goergia...in a bible study. I have heard him laugh, inspire so many, challenge us all, look at audiences near and far and say, wont you join us in th is movement of the Holy Spirit! 
I saw him walk across the George Washingotn Bridge in 1988 I believe with hundreds and met him in Georgia in Atlanta as he finihsed walking....well Millard you have finished your walk...like Moses, and we must conintue on walking and challenging and fighting and building for the future!!!! Now more than ever...in thirty short years, Habitat has become the 14th largest homnebuilder with you and I...it is in more than 114 countries...

Most appropriate I got off the plane in Atlanta tonite....late, delayed because of snow...I came into the terminal and the ticket agent stated, oh Habitat as she looked at my briefcase....I have one of their houses...no way God, you did it to m e again..you showed Millard and Linda at work..you showed the power of Habitat and Gods Spirit, the Ruah of the Torah and Bible.. the love of the Theology of the Hammer...Habitat Hoy Millard, Habitat Hoy Linda.. Habitat Hoy volunteers!!!! I love you brother pray for me in my walk...if only i can follow in your footsteps to follow in HIS.... we have only Just Begun...See you tomorrow Millard at Koinonia, one last time....

No comments: