Thursday, February 05, 2009

FW: BLOG

Yesterday it was a three hour return, I got back at 3am this morning..sad tired..but rejuvenated to move ahead with our work.

 I was honored to be the Pall bearer, or really just carrying MIllards wooden box to his simple grave in Koinonia Farms…I still cant believe I have lost my brother, my mentor my hero in Christ….in what was reminiscent of a poor peoples march at Koinonia..we walked through Pecan farms and fields..to get

To the site. Millard arrived in a simple white van…we pulled his wooden box out…to the grave, myself and Neil from Toronto Habitat and four others, and were there to pray, sing, and Celebrate, though we all cried, the life of this great man, with his great wife Linda and his great family.

I can hear Millard say, no go build more homes Jim…no more shacks, stop the greed of Westchester,  love ya brother…
The amazing thing was as I arrived a ticket agent said..I have a Habitat house..i have a habitat home…God bless the fullers and Habitat for Humanity.

So many people so many homes so many volunteers….

More thoughts from the Cotton Patch to be written today…

 

I need to thank you all for your condolensces..this spurs me to more, to build more, to have  hope and challenge for the future. Millard you are here with us today and everyday..God bless, you and your family.

No comments: