Thursday, April 29, 2010

FW: blog

Instead of Whooping it up, my sister said, they built it up..when I told my sister that 14,000 students came and built with us…WPI a university in Worcester, Ma.  where I was born, called yesterday from the Worcester office….we wanted to say hi….we want to come again…with Lucy calling from the staff there..near where I was born on the third floor of a three decker they call it, three apartments in single mundane looking buildings..but it was where my mom carried the coal up the stairs..where my uncle and aunt visited, where a parking lot is now, off of Park Avenue, Charlotte Street..

From Worcester to Westchester ….everyone a home….

Along with that Holy Cross students often come here…to visit, the other area where my father was born, the poor irish at the bottom of the Holy Cross hill..next to the railroad tracks….it doesn’t get any better than that..

 

Each day is a gift being part of Habitat…today I give a tour to Pat, our homes in Yonkers, a charter school where our kids go to school, Enrico Ferme too, as well as our Green Intiatiives….which today I announce THE TREE STREET INITIATIVE!!!!!! GET READY..GREENING THE TREE STREETS..

AMAZING..just like taking back a parking lot where people were born, bring back the tree streets..

More to follow…God bless you all..jim

 

 

 

James Killoran

Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

Office:914-636-8335 ext 101

Fax: 914-636-8592

Email: Jim@habitatwc.org

 

Visit the grand opening of our New Warehouse Location at  2 Cortlandt St, Mount Vernon on April 27th.

 

No comments: