Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FW: blog

Recently I have been asked to write for a couple of newspapers, an honor, to blog…I still don’t know what a blog is..except a stream of consciousness for me, of lifes challenges, blessings and hopes..guided much thru the eyes of one who loves Habitat, its deceased founder, and wife Linda…and the love of Jesus motivating me to move ahead where none go…

Henry and I talk tonite..Henry we have to take it back..where are the churches the faith community…we did the Nite Out against violence, I was mc, but then where are people..

Anyone shot should be a shot to the heart of any spiritual person in the county..not a simple disdain of a newstory but a call for prayer and action…Henry and I both have worked on Lawrence and Purse Place where two youth were killed over the last month…killed is just a word to many of us…what would it mean if it was your own son, our family member or neighbor..your student, or relative..we get hardened…if today we hear His voice, harden not our hearts..may the Love  of the one God that unites us call us to action in love together….

 

For the next month you will see much of my writings reflected from a 911 survivor, responder, believer in change, an American, a world citizen..a nyc lover, a Habitat director…

On 911 the world was changed forever this 911 come  out and change the world….our tenth anniversary..tonite I walked six miles from 42nd to world trade center and back…I email my good friend, Marty Berger..Marty I am here at the WTC at ground zero, praying for your work.. you see Marty is a leader at Silverstein properties, along with his workers, his co workers, like Dave Worsley and the construction workers. Needless to say Mr Larry Silverstein, a great man, supports Martys efforts..and deserves prayer..

Marty and his sons build homes with us in great Tzedekah.. charity of the love of God to help others.

 

I walk the route, remembering the debris, the soot, the attempts for me to get closer and closer to GZ, the concerns, the Habitat volunteers filling every corner of the armory building with relief supplies..and much more…Holly Silva and her family, crying over their lost husband, David, and so many….for ten days..we will build and rebuild..

TEN DAYS OF SERVICE..FOR THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY..TEN DAYS OF WALKING OF BLOGGING OF PRAYING OF ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT, PRAYERS, HANDS, TO RECREATE NOT ONLY GROUND ZERO, BUT THE GROUND ZEROS IN OUR COMMUNITIES HERE…THE JOURNEY BEGINS…..May God bless you this day.

 

 

Jim Killoran

Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

524 Main Street

New Rochelle, NY

Jim@habitatwc.org

Office: 914-636-8335x101

 

 

 

No comments: