Tuesday, March 04, 2014

FW: blog

New friends..new family…Sandy members, fire victims…a  crisis really brings people together.. three people contact  me this morning…Jim I have this..Jim can you help me with this, Jim its my birthday…an honor to be part of the #Sandy family.  So many still not in their homes.  Yesterday Alba came in from a fire that happened about  a month ago, Jim can I use the fax and phone.  She has none, no regular place to call her home.  Nomads in New York..is that appropriate, those who suffered in their lives in their loss from Sandy and from fire, and disaster.

A reporter calls me yesterday..Jim  tell me about the floods, are they fixed…an  honor to be asked..i think of the families who suffered with us, who needed our help.  We are blessed to be able to help, to be able to be there…we have been there, we will continue..after all …we are family!

 

 

Jim Killoran, Executive Director

Habitat for Humanity of Westchester

524 Main Street, New Rochelle NY 10801

(914) 403-4821

 

Spring into action; the next 25 years!

 

"Like Us" on Habitat for Humanity of Westchester Facebook!

 

 

No comments: